The purpose of Birney PTA is to provide the best education in the best environment possible for our students. This is accomplished by parents, teachers, students and administrators working in close partnership toward this shared goal, and by enthusiastically supporting our respective and collective efforts. We are a professional, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dependent upon the generous financial support and unparalleled volunteerism of our members. The Birney PTA is part of the California Parent Teacher Association, 33rd District, and Redondo Beach Council.
General PTA meetings are scheduled for this academic year where various topics involving your child’s education will be presented and discussed along with PTA business. We encourage all parents to attend these meetings.
- Statistically children do better in school when their parents are involved.
- By joining the PTA, you become part of a local, district and national effort to improve education.
- Every PTA membership counts when lobbying for educational funding.
- Being a member of the PTA gives you the opportunity to attend the PTA meetings and vote on issues that affect Birney’s children.
- PTA members have the opportunity to openly discuss issues specifically affecting Birney and work toward positive change.
- By becoming a PTA member, you are demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- FREE earthquake kit for every 2 memberships (value $5-$10) (while supplies last – 200 available)
- FREE 4 oz scoop of Baskin Robbins ice cream
- FREE child admission to LEGOLAND
- FREE child admission to Aquarium of the Pacific
Remember, students can join as well as all family members, friends and neighbors.
Click Here to join