The purpose of Birney PTA is to provide the best education in the best environment possible for our students. This is accomplished by parents, teachers, students and administrators working in close partnership toward this shared goal, and by enthusiastically supporting our respective and collective efforts. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dependent upon the generous financial support and unparalleled volunteerism of our members. The Birney PTA is part of the California Parent Teacher Association, 33rd District, and Redondo Beach Council.
General PTA meetings are scheduled for this academic year where various topics involving your child’s education will be presented and discussed along with PTA business. We encourage all parents to attend these meetings.
Click here to join!
- Statistically children do better in school when their parents are involved.
- By joining the PTA, you become part of a local, district and national effort to improve education.
- Every PTA membership counts when lobbying for educational funding.
- Being a member of the PTA gives you the opportunity to attend the PTA meetings and vote on issues that affect Birney’s children.
- PTA members have the opportunity to openly discuss issues specifically affecting Birney and work toward positive change.
- By becoming a PTA member, you are demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Membership dues are tax deductible.
- Remember students, family members, friends and neighbors can all join to support the PTA.
- FREE earthquake kit for every 2 memberships (value $10) (while supplies last – 200 available)
- Urban Sitter
- LEGOLAND - More than 50% off a LEGOLAND California/SEA LIFE Hopper ticket
- Aquarium of the Pacific - Save 15% on tickets for friends and family!
- California Academy of Sciences - Save 15% on tickets for friends and family!
- Good Housekeeping - 12-month subscription for $6
- Hertz - 20% off
- Lots more...AARP, Blocks Rock!, Good Housekeeping, Hertz, Lenovo, LifeLock, MetLife Auto & Home, Mountain America Credit Union, Quicken Loan, Squad Locker, Tea Collection, ThinkFun and TreeRing
- click here for details about the following perks